Any mommies here with 2 or 3 boys ? I have 2 boys n I don't intend to have a 3rd child but I'm so sick with those insensitive comments like "huh? No girls ah? Try for 3rd one lah , maybe will get a girl?".. "Wah seh! 2boys ! Must be tough for u !".. "girls are more fillial, should try for a girl." ... " girls are easier to manage than boys .." .. "huh? No girls to go shopping or high tea with next time ." Blah blah blah .. I admit that when I was conceiving my #2, I did hope for a girl but after having my second boy , I find him v cute n like it too n feel that it is okie not to have a girl but I often get such insensitive n irritating comments that I feel v irritated ! Yes, I can choose to ignore but hearing it day after day is really making me frustrated !

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a proud Mommy of 2 awesome boys! Usually for those insensitive comments, I'll "retaliate" by talking more loudly and more drama than these people. I'll agree with them first and then throw my question back to them,"Ya, I agree with you! That's why I've been trying for the past 10 years!! But don't have leh. How ah?" These people will be slightly taken aback to my reply and for a moment will not know what to say next. Lol. Most Mommies will just try to answer politely to end this topic with standard replies and afterwards, feel a little bit sad that we do not have a daughter. But what can we do? We cannot do anything except maybe to try for a 3rd, 4th child until we get a girl.. Nah. I not going to keep trying for a girl when it's always going to be a 50/50 outcome. I'm contented with loving my 2 boys and their love for me is enough already. I believe a son's love for his Mother will not be any lesser as compared to a daughter's. Personally, I feel son or daughter doesn't really matter, as long as they're healthy and happy. 😊

Read more