Very annoying family members

My hub recently bought a car for the convenience of fetching our child to sch & go to work. But his family use our car more than we use it for our own. 70% of the time his parent and sis occupied our car go shopping and run errant! We are living in the same block but different household. I am so angry, everytime we want to use then they also wan to use the car...I discuss wif my hub to sell the car away, coz my hub paying for all the car cost+petrol but only use 30%...his family nvr pay any single cents at all....but my hub say its ok. Family no need so calculative, but am i really too calculative? Isnt the family members keep taking advantage of my hub..want to use but nvr pay. Recently i also discuss with hub we move further away from his parent coz i feel vry annoying abt this, but obviously his parents+sis dislike becoz they cant use our car anymore... I dont know what to do..im so fed up..

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

In laws - can’t live with them, and well, some might argue you can live without them. Would it be possible to have a fixed schedule? Make it clear to them that they can only borrow the car at times which you are not using it for your own needs for what the car is intended. It might also be good to have a heart to heart - don’t just give sweeping statements. Tell your hubby you’re genuinely concerned and let him know how you truly feel. At the same time, I urge you to do some personal reflection. You have to push your personal bias aside (if you have any) and ask yourself why you’re feeling this way. I personally feel every good relationship is based on communication and mutual understanding. You must be willing to hear your husband out too and acknowledge what’s important to him. It’s a two way street at the end of the day :)

Read more