Mommies do you advise using sippy cup then straw cup to wean from bottle or straight na to cup?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I started off with diody cup at 9 Mths n were surprised he could handle it well. Then I bought the 360 munchkin cup so as to bring out (won't spill in my bag) it was after all the cups that I went back to straw but I didn't use straw cup but straight to adult straw...I've attached pic of diody cup

Post reply image
VIP Member

It depends. My girl skipped the sippy cup and was drinking from cup. When she finally learnt to suck from a straw then I gave her the straw cup. Sometimes she still prefers drinking straight from the cup.

My second child only was able to suck from a straw at 15mo. i had to buy the richell brand sippy cup for him to learn. From there, he actually proceed to drinking from a cup really well.

Depends on what your kids like. my boy did not like his sippy cup. Baby now im trying to give the straw cup first. personally i don't like the straw cups/bottles.

my girl started with a straw cup and recently we bought the munchkin 360 cup and she enjoys drinking on her own.

Post reply image
VIP Member

It depends. My kids didn't know how to use a sippy cup, They went to straw then follow by a cup.

My advise would​ be to try the sippy cup first if your child is unable to suck from a straw.

VIP Member

My baby has started to wean from a bottle with a straw