How much help did you need after birth?

My mom can hopefully fly back to stay with me when the baby is out, but is it very useful to have a confinement lady as well? Can they come during the day but go home at night? Are there other services you would recommend I do research on? Thanks!

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My husband and I were on our own, but we ordered confinement food for 4 weeks, so that we didn’t have to cook lunch and dinner while we got used to everything. I think it depends on how hands on you and your mum will be, and what kind of help you would like to have. For me, I feel more stressed having someone tell me what I can or cannot do, and I was also very happy to do everything myself with regards to baby care. My husband was very supportive and would help with chores (plus cooking, after the first month) and baby care too, so we really didn’t need a confinement nanny. There are daytime nannies/helpers (for housework) that you can look into to see how your needs can be met:)

Read more
4y ago

I ordered from Nouriche (Richfood Pte Ltd). Yes, a hands on father is the best thing the baby and wife can ask for:)