After birth undies

Hi mummies, I’m a FTM here and I have a few questions I need help on. 1) What underwear do you all recommend to wear during confinement/after birth? Or do you all have any links? 2) If I bought the Kotex overnight panties (pad), do I still need to wear an underwear over it or personal preference? 3) Can I wear my Kotex overnight panties after I give birth (during hospital stay)? I know this varies for everyone but…. Roughly how long do I need to wear a pad on a daily basis after birth? Thanks in advance! #advicepls #pleasehelp #pregnancy #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

5 kids and I only wore normal panties except in the hospital which disposable ones was provided. Depends on how much u bleed. I had heavy bleeding with 4 of my kids, the type where I got up from bed and blood will drip on the floor and I had to change my pants a no. of times/day. But for my no. 5th I was given an injection for blood clot as I was put on bed rest and also had to administer 3 jabs myself at home. With that I had low bleeding and I only wore the normal kotex with wings. All of us bleeds differently after birth so best is to buy normal and big size of pads to prepare.

Read more
VIP Member

I think I’ll go for the more comfortable disposable panties from Watson’s. It doesn’t go out of shape easily at least. Coz I can’t be bothered to be washing panties(esp stained ones) during my confinement. So just discard the disposable panty with the pad. What you wear after you gv birth is your personal choice. The hospital will provide theirs. It’s just that will that Kotex panties be comfortable to wear right after delivery? I prefer something loose & breathable, like those loop pads from the hospital esp right after delivery.

Read more

For me, my first child i didnt hv much bleeding. I recommend the pad from mothercare, it was thick n comfortable. Underwear i brought my normal underwear that i wore during pregnancy. I personally find those disposable underwear not so comfortable.

It really varies. I bled for quite a long time. I personally wear my trimph panties after i was discharged. Used my laurier 40cm pad on my own panties. In hosp i wore whatever they help me changed 😂😅

2y ago

Ya i use my cotton one back at home. Hosp only uses disposable ones.. i did buy disposable one and used only one. They helped to change my pads in hosp! Coz i couldnt get dwn the bed yet.

I used disposable panty throughout the confinement period as I dun want to wash too much things and too tired. so used laurier 40cm which lasted for 1 month

TapFluencer

I use disposable panties and maternity pads or thicker ones but it depends on how comfortable you are, go for what ever you feel comfortable

Thank you all mummies for your advices and recommendations! :)