Confinement Nanny

Hi mummies out there , what should i do my husband has been pouring bad comments n criticism abt how bad those confinement ladies are whenever i bring out the topic of hiring confinement lady? I’m really stressed out as he keep telling me how bad they are. I’ve got no choice but to hire a confinement lady as my mum can’t do confinement for me.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hmm.. yes actually i heard some horror stories too. But if ur concern is about your confinement food, are u able to get a catering for this? Then if u need help to take care of the baby, is it possible to get ur in law or someone close to u to help? I mean if food is the biggest concern, dont worry, there are wide varieties of confinement food/company to choose from.

Read more
VIP Member

Not all are good and some are just ok. Could it be that money is a concern? 28 days to hire confinement nanny already costs $3k and i think my maid did as good a job or better at taking care of me and baby for my #2 confinement. There are certainly other alternatives and not just confinement nanny can help u with that first month.

Read more
VIP Member

There are good and bad CLs. If he complains, is he ready to double up and take 1 month of leave to care for you? If you have a csec then you'll need even more rest. Food wise can still get tingkat so if you have a helper then it's not too bad. My feel is that most guys are pretty lousy at helping with confinement.

Read more

It’s true there aren’t many good ones around and it’s best to get family members instead. But I think if he’s adamant on this then it’s best he be there for you and your baby. Take paternal leave during that time so you can recover and you’re not alone.

Super Mum

If your husband is a hands-on dad and willing to help with taking care of baby like bottle feed, bathe, or help with housework then it'd be ok not to have a confinement lady. We didn't have one and we ordered confinement food catering.

VIP Member

Yes, there are black sheeps everywhere. My husband was concerned about this issue too, and we'd decided to use his 2 weeks parental leave + 2 weeks annual leave such that he can be the 'confinement daddy' for us

Tell him that’s fine, if she turns out to be bad, can send her away then. So it’s a no-regrets move. Nothing to lose

Then ask him for a solution Because bad commenting won’t work

Are we still able to hire during this circuit breaker period?