Is confinement necessary?

Hello mums! I live overseas and are looking to have a confinement lady. However cost is high due to overseas travel. Do you think it’s really necessary to have a confinement lady? My mum will come before hand and bring me all the herbal soups, baths and assist with misc stuff around the house. She could try cook with recipes. I’m also not really familar with the confinement practices . I would love to have one as I know it’s a big help, then again, with the money, I could do a lot by spending it on baby etc

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Confinement meaning to help in physical recovery, mentally and emotionally. It is where you have a newborn and adjusting to the new member in your house. At the same time resting and healing yourself after going through pregnancy and labour. Thus, to me it is necessary. It is also a period where you get to have confinement food, learning all about motherhood, pampering urself with PP massage and the bonding period with your newborn. It is also a best time to get back in shape and ensuring your body gain strength while adjusting to all the new things around you.

Read more