Can my own mother coexist with the confinement lady?

I'm giving birth soon. I hire a confinement lady via an agency. My mother said she wants to come and stay with me to help out during my confinement period. I do appreciate having as much help as possible. However, my mother has some traditional thinking about confinement and is pretty opinionated. I'm not sure because I'm afraid of conflicts between my mother and the lady. Dilemma. What should I do? Appreciate if you can share your experience. #firsttimemom #advicepls #firstbaby

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would suggest that your confinement lady care for you while your mum handle your newborn. Otherwise you should discuss with your mum and don't trouble her way unless assistance required from the confinement lady. Though mum has experience, on the other hand a confinement lady would know much better as they have been taking courses, experience and knowledge. While most mum feel worried, it would be good to explain to her what are the things the confinement lady will be doing or what is included in the package taken. And tell your mum/confinement lady to work hand in hand if at any point during the confinement period. As much as we need to be healing, we also do not want any conflict while recovering.

Read more