random thoughts

Any mom felt that u are being neglected by ur hubby? As he is busy with work then he is tired from work that he dont bother asking you to rest once he reached home. i feel he dont think that i am also tired with the baby and household chores. Or is it just me??

14 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

There is no choice - your husband may be tired or vexed from work, so after he comes home, all he want is rest & peace to regain his energies again for tomorrow's work. For our baby, I was lucky my wife's mother came over to help. When my wife's mother come over to help, I get to focus on my work during work hours and try to knock off on time, so that after I get home I try to help out with little chores or little tasks, then on weekends I do the heavy chores like wash clothes or change Bedsheet, clean Aircon & fans, buy Groceries etc... No work = no money Got work = got money PS: There is also risk of retrenchment in this Covid-19 virus & economic downturn.. There is pressing need and pressure on the Daddy daily to perform at work to maintain the income for the household. If Daddy is tired and or unable to focus his work during work hours, imagine the consequences...

Read more
4y ago

In this time of uncertainty (Covid-19 virus, economic downturn, risk of retrenchment, stagnant wage or wage reduction, Unpaid Leave), a family should be United in such uncertain times and not allow any matters to affect the family's harmony. A family should be one where everyone feels comfortable, relaxed and able to rest. Which daddy doesn't want to spend more time and care more for their Wife and baby? But daddy is also a human being, after a day's work & constant thinking for the family on daily/weekly/monthly basics, daddy also needs to rest to run this demanding Marathon especially in such times of great uncertainty...

I do feel this way when I had a bad day and swarmed with my kid's antics. But after a good night rest, I'll be back on my feet again the day after. My advice is firstly, get some rest. Take a power nap (15mins) during midday coz usually baby will nap around that time too. Secondly, if housework is overwhelming, try to keep to a routine and plan your day. My guideline is 8hrs work, 8hrs sleep, 8hrs of leisure. Thirdly, never ever complain or find fault with hubby the moment he reaches home from work. We are their support pillar. So find a good time to communicate with him and work out something to lessen your burden. Stay strong!

Read more

My husband usually comes home and give me a hug first or acknowledge that I had been working hard for the day before he does anything. He works long hour and takes care of baby during the night. I am very attention seeking type so even when he does not give me response, I will pester him for one. If he is tired, he will come home and let me know he is tired so I will leave him alone. All about communication. He works night shift whereas I work day shift but we will try to put in the effort to communicate daily even for a brief 5mins.

Read more

Yup same here. I am on maternity leave and my hubby thinks that I’m having holidays. He has never once asked if I am tired, furthermore I didn’t hire a confinement lady just to cut down his expense. Hurts me a lot everytime when I say that I’m tired, he will tell me he is tired from work too. What more can I say.

Read more
4y ago

My own mother actually told me that i shd be letting my hubs rest more cuz he’s tired from work and i kinda told her off saying that caring for bb full time at home is more tiring (no breaks, cant slack off, no long lunches etc). I mean i get where she’s coming from and should be grateful that it isnt my MIL who’s saying this but think the older (aka more traditional) generation needs to know that parenting is an equal two persons job. Luckily my hubs has always been willing to step up even after work, to me it’s also his chance to bond with baby!

You are not alone. I am a working mom too, and I feel that way too at times. But try to stay positive ok. Hope everything gets better. Take a day at a time. Enjoy time with your baby. They grow up very fast too.

VIP Member

Try talking to your husband. You can take turns to rest. Perhaps consider getting a helper or a trusted family member to help out so that you can get some rest?

Good communication with hubby is important. Through it, will help to understand one another and give each other emotional support in all areas.

VIP Member

Normal. They come back from work they also tired. They think its our job to care and mamage the babies and house.

VIP Member

Welcome to the modern work life. Even without a kid most couples are prob like this. Sadly. :(

VIP Member

same! but i do feel i neglect him in a way too bc im busy with house chores and baby 🥺🥺