My mil thinks she can only handle her son and whole house. She only knows his likes and dislikes. And she does all the work in home. She washes his son clothes, does kitchen work, everything. My husband says m not doing anything behaving as a guest. I too feel like that. But the fact is she is not giving chance for me. Even if I want to take anything, she only knows where it is. But my husband says my mom is getting old, so u take care all of us. How do I handle this sitn. How 'll i make him understand that she is not giving chance? My husband keeps on saying that u didn't even making a cup of tea for me. Sometimes I feel happy that I don want to do any work. But sometimes I feel m staying in this house as guest. Really I don't feel like my home.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

focus on the solution and your happiness , I moved out and we are so happy with our married lives , feeling unwelcomed in a house is the worst thing u can ever feel. you shld be feeling safe and happy and at comfort n peace with your husband. stand up for your right, that's the best self care. if u can't change other people, change the way u approach things. I know this because I been in similar situation. sending u courage vibes and please take care of your mental health. peace

Read more