My mil thinks she can only handle her son and whole house. She only knows his likes and dislikes. And she does all the work in home. She washes his son clothes, does kitchen work, everything. My husband says m not doing anything behaving as a guest. I too feel like that. But the fact is she is not giving chance for me. Even if I want to take anything, she only knows where it is. But my husband says my mom is getting old, so u take care all of us. How do I handle this sitn. How 'll i make him understand that she is not giving chance? My husband keeps on saying that u didn't even making a cup of tea for me. Sometimes I feel happy that I don want to do any work. But sometimes I feel m staying in this house as guest. Really I don't feel like my home.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Id suggest talk it out with ur MIL , tell her u want to help her and draw up a division of work,for eg u can take up doing the clothes, dishes n evening tea and she can do rest, this will help you both not getting over worked at the same time taking onus of the household chores.

tell your hubby that you too feel your MIL is taking undue stress. suggest that you would love to share certain responsibilities. if she doesn't listen, ask him to tell her so in clear terms, so that he realizes that you really want to help.

If she wants to have a control of those chores let her. Give the choice to your husband itself. or Separate the chores between you and your MIL. if notjing works hire a maid and let her do everything so you both be at peace.

TapFluencer

Sit down with your husband and discuss your situation with him. He needs to understand what you are going through. His expectations and reality are a bit off whack. Ask his help to manage the situation and get him involved.

Talk to him. And let him understand whats going on.

j by sbvej Ed rnosb sovahmdjendjjtvjibsbeir

k award UC j 1st birthday t uvrc

visiter NJ isn't Yb

U need to talk to ur mil.

8y ago

No, she says I can handle it like dat. She won't allow me anything to do.