My mil thinks she can only handle her son and whole house. She only knows his likes and dislikes. And she does all the work in home. She washes his son clothes, does kitchen work, everything. My husband says m not doing anything behaving as a guest. I too feel like that. But the fact is she is not giving chance for me. Even if I want to take anything, she only knows where it is. But my husband says my mom is getting old, so u take care all of us. How do I handle this sitn. How 'll i make him understand that she is not giving chance? My husband keeps on saying that u didn't even making a cup of tea for me. Sometimes I feel happy that I don want to do any work. But sometimes I feel m staying in this house as guest. Really I don't feel like my home.

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

be nice and smart about it and handle it with a bit of care. speak to your hubby of how you want to let your MIL rest now but she does not let you do anything. show your concern. ask him to tell her clearly that she can do so and so, maybe cook his favourite foods and so on, or whatever it is you decide. she should leave the rest of the chores to you. even after that if she does it, let her. if your hubby complains again, you can tell him honestly that you tried, so did he, but maybe this is what makes your MIL happy, so be it.

Read more