Me and my partner are in love and planning to get married. But we're from different countries and we follow totally different cultures. I'm really worried if that would become a problem later. I'm really in love with her, and wouldn't want to loose her. What should I do?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in the same situation and I've been where you are -- with all the doubts and worries. But we didn't let those things cloud our life together too much and chose love to guide us instead. Both of us made plenty of sacrifices to be together in the same country after 6 years of LDR and it's been amazing ever since. We are getting married at the end of this year and we do worry about some things but it doesn't dominate our relationship. Just trust your love for one another and enjoy the adventures you'll encounter as an international couple. I love that I have two homes - Sweden and Singapore - and despite the major differences in culture and stuff, at the end of the day, it only makes our relationship stronger. Don't worry too much about it, just let go and let love :)

Read more