My lo is 4 months plus. This few days he suddenly become very fuzzy. Unable to sleep well will cry out of sudden while sleeping, feeling hungry but only want to chew his hands or stuff. Give him a bottle of milk he will cry and I have to keep on persistently giving it to him until he drink and fall asleep. He seem hungry why he is not drinking milk? He want to be carry most of the time and he is having a hard time falling asleep too. I wonder what is happening to him. Temperature everything is normal. Poop and urine is normal too. He is drinking 90 to 120ml every 2 hrs or 3 hrs.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If his temperature, poop and urine are normal, then perhaps it's not a feeding issue. 90-120ml every 2-3 hours is normal in terms of intake; that's how much my first child drank, too, at that age. You say he wants to be carried and he keeps chewing his hands - so maybe he just wants to feel secure. Have you tried giving him a pacifier? You can also just hold him, let him smell his mum's scent and feel her warmth.

Read more

I think is teething. Painful and itchy gums which is irritating him. Take a hanky, dip in ice water, squeeze dry, wrap e hanky around one finger of yours, put tat wrapped finger into his mouth and gently press on all parts of his gums. Observe his reactions. Tiz is soothing for ur baby. He should calm down/appears to be better.

Read more
VIP Member

For all unexplainable behaviour, I just take it as a development phase. I read somewhere that when babies are learning a new skill, they get highly irritable coz it's like they have a voice in their head that can't switch off.

it could be the start of teething. some babies star as early as 4 months and some start as late as 10months. my boy is a late bloomer.

VIP Member

It could be teething or it could be a growth spurt too.

Most probably teething. He has just began the stage.