Like to ask for CNY do you visit ALL houses instructed by your PIL or MIL during the 1st and 2nd day. CNY is the most hatred occasion to me because I find it very bored and tiring to bring our 2.5 yo girl to house visiting. As most of my hubby's relatives houses are not very well ventilated and from past 2 years experience my girl can look abit shag and sweat like mad, I am thinking to skip visiting some houses. My MIL is quite stubborn kind and won't listen to me and will insist to bring our girl along. What would you do if you are in this situation?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am in this situation too and I don't know what to do. My baby boy is about 1 yr old and is very difficult to bring him around. I do have the impression that my mil fil wants to bring baby all over his relative house (usually every yr we will go around visiting) to 'show' their grandson and mind you my mil side only she have 13 siblings let alone to mention my husband's 20++ cousins generation. Not that we are viewing every household but I find that Even going 3-4 is very tough especially when baby need to sleep. But, I will still go ahead with their plans and see if along the way if baby cranky then I will bring him home.

Read more

If that is the family's tradition to go all the houses then u have to. But if like....can skip a few houses on 1st/2nd day...the coming wkend will have chance to go their house or meet them at some other major gathering (during the cny time frame)...then maybe? My boy first cny and some houses we are just going to warm the seats a little and go

Read more
VIP Member

I will just go out of respect. but leave shortly, i will find excuses that i have somewhere else to go or baby is tired and all. After all CNY it's just once a year thing. Bite through it

I have this sitituation like you have to go some houses visiting too during 2nd day. We need to bring along kids to go to sianz. I dont really like it too.

Tell yourself go take hongbao lol. Haha. Kidding. No choice I will go also. Aiyo once a year, just tarhan.

I will not go