Ok To Bring 2 Month Old For CNY Visiting?

My baby will be turning 2 months old during cny and I'm still considering whether I should bring her to relatives house for visiting. On one hand I am fearful to expose her to so many people and also worry about her nap times being disrupted. On the other hand many of our relatives look forward to seeing her as they have not seen her yet. My hubby say maybe just pop by for short while like 1-2h. Any of u in same situation?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think you can pop by for a while (say 30min to 1 hour) and leave If you don’t feel comfortable/baby needs to sleep. Your relatives should understand since they also don’t want your baby to cry/feel uncomfortable. You also need to make a stand. Do you want to let your relatives carry your baby? If yes, prepare a bottle of hand sanitiser. For anyone who wants to carry her, they will at least have to sanitise their hands. If they refuse, just reject politely. No kissing of baby is allowed.

Read more
Super Mum

If you think it's inconvenient no need to go out just to please others, if they want to see the baby they can come visit you right 😉. I did bring my baby out when she was small and it was always very challenging, baby is more cranky in strange environment, everyone wants to touch her and she cannot sleep properly, feeding is also difficult. It's very tiring so it's up to you if you want to endure it for other people's sake 😅.

Read more
TapFluencer

Two month old babies immune system is still Developing and very susceptible to germs. Baby needs nap time and too many people can disrupt sleep. Is all Up to you. Bringing your baby will make you very occupied with her too and not have time to circulate around. If you can handle the stress or not is the question

Read more

Exactly same situation as me. I intend to bring both pram and carrier and pray that bb can nap in one of them during nap time . And won’t stay for more than 2-3hrs at any visitation. Also going to make anyone who touches or carries him sanitize their hands first, and tell them strictly no kissing.

Same although my LO already going 5months. But I still don't like they disturb my LO sleep likes to carry around. 😔. Somemore I so scared they bring up to second to forth floor. Somemore some of my husband side relative don't understand one because night not they taking care

Super Mum

Mine is going to be 6 weeks and I really wanna bring him around to show everyone! Hahaha... just have to be mindful that baby is still young and tires easily. Mummy also will tire easily 😉

For 2 months old I’d skip the angbaos and stay home with baby. Sure the relatives would understand. Too much hassle to bring things around even if it’s an hour kind of thing.

Super Mum

Suggest that you speak to your parents and in laws that both you and baby need plenty of rest. They will help to deflect visits from relatives as much as possible

Hey, Your concern is reasonable. But may be bring her to the relatives house for a short time ? That way all relatives also get to meet her :)

Try not to pass the baby around if you are bringing. As you don’t know who’s sick and two months old immune system is not strong yet.