Preparing for baby's visits to grandparents' place

My baby is the first grandchild for both sides. So both our parents' houses currently do not have any baby stuff. Not sure how baby is going to rest when visiting. EDIT: Baby won't be staying overnight at either place at all. At most we will sneak out for short 1-hour couple time when baby naps at either parents' house. That's about it. There also isn't any spare bed at either house. Sofas are the old school hard solid Chinese style kind. Not comfy. 😅 Questions: Will I need to have baby stuff left at BOTH grandparents' houses? Do I need to buy travel playpen or bouncer etc. to bring over when visiting? As in something for baby to lie down in. What are the essentials I will need? How do you guys manage visiting your parents' place with a baby? Thanks! 💐 #firstbaby

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you’re staying for hours and overnight at both parents place, I suggest you can buy those foldable mattress and keep at both places. Buy a diaper caddy and put your baby’s stuffs in it. Buy a rack or drawer for some of baby’s clothes. However if you’re staying for a few hours only, just bring a bag pack with all of baby’s necessary items to and fro. You can use thick comforters as baby’s bed. I have 2 sets of everything from cots, essentials, clothes, bottles, walker, etc since I’m at my in-laws Mon-Fri and my parents’ Sat & Sun. Our BTO is not ready yet that’s why. I even bought an extra 2nd hand wardrobe in my room to store all her toys, hand-me-downs, etc for at least 3 years until we get our own house. I bought most of her stuffs from Shopee and Carousell. Everything was dirt cheap. Lucky for me, both our houses are just few blks away.

Read more
3y ago

That’s quite well planned. You get along well with your in laws?

Yes, it depends how long will u be at each house. If a few hrs, it's just like gg out, a few diapers, wet wipes etc. But if staying over often for a few days perhaps good to have a travel cot. Or u can buy a baby lounger for occasional visits. Shopee has cheap ones. Personally, I leave my baby lounger at my in-laws as we do weekly day visits. I also leave travel sized baby wash there just in case of a poonami 😜I have a travel cot at my mom's as I stay over often (still have my own bedroom there) and my mom will be taking care of my baby once I go back to work. My mom's hse is fully equipped with baby things tt my own hse is more of like a weekend staycation 😅

Read more

my parents place fully equipped with everything since they helped me to take care of my 2 boys. also brought my helper there. but nothing at my in laws as I prefer to ask them to come over to my house for a short while or go out for a meal only. but if like cny dinner, then I bring diapers, wipes, extra clothes, changing mat, homecooked porridge, water, stroller. my in law place is not baby proof so I don't like to go there. if they wan to see their grandsons, then they come over instead.

Read more

my daughter was also the first baby on both sides. I have a cot in my mum's place as she cares for my child while I am at work. for my in laws place, we visit weekly for a few hours but as she was the first grandchild, she was hardly ever put down. when she does lie down, we had a little sleeping mat for her which is placed on a mattress in the living room on which she lies down while napping.

Read more

You gonna visit for how long? Few hours or staying over for days?? Few hours dont need bring anything baby can sleep on any bed or you can just carry! Just pack diapers and milk if you’re not BF. I go over with 2 piece of diapers wet wipes and a baby carrier (sarong) THATS all

Read more

I have clothes, diapers, wipes be at my parent's place. when she need to nap there she'll sleep on the seahorse mattress on the floor.

diapers, formula, wet wipe, clothes will do baby can have short nap at stroller