Cny visiting with baby.

Would love to stay home and skip all visiting but we can't. Have to go for obligatory CNY visiting (while adhering to the 5 visitors a day rule of cos) but am very very very worried about anyone, whether immediate family or relatives or friends, having interaction with my 7-month-old baby. Anyone feels the same? Also, my FIL takes train to and fro Chinatown for work every day. I'm seriously not keen for him to have maskless interaction with baby but he's gonna be offended. Are you mummies okay with family and relatives interacting maskless with your young unvaccinated children? If you aren't, how will you tell them? #pleasehelp

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

my fil also takes train to and fro chinatown! and my baby is 2.5 months old. no choice for me personally, hard to run from family obligations. just politely ask them to wash hands or not to go too near baby (alternatively you can baby wear the whole time to avoid interaction)

2y ago

hahaha that is actually a good suggestion, but I know my in-laws will want to carry my baby and all. 😑 i really dunno how to politely ask them not to come too near, or tell them they can't carry baby. 😣They'll get sensitive, yikes. And even if they've washed their hands, them not wearing mask while interacting with baby is still a concern. It's hard to ask them folks to wear mask in their own house. 😒