Lately I feel that my wife is paying too much attention on our newborn. So much so that she doesn’t even say goodbye to me when I leave for work. How do I tell her that I feel neglected?

76 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It is normal for a new dad to feel neglected after the birth of a child. You wife is probably too overwhelmed by her new responsibilities and may not have the bandwidth to notice the change in her behavior towards you. Take a look at this article first to find out how you can help her: http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/for-dad/life-after-childbirth.aspx When things are more settled, try to arrange for someone to babysit your newborn while the two of you take a date night out to relive the days before the baby. While having a baby shouldn’t take over your lives, it is inevitable that the first few months will be challenging. Also, take note of the signs and symptoms of Paternal Postnatal Depression (PPND; http://www.parents.com/parenting/dads/sad-dads/) just in case the negative feelings that you are experiencing may develop into something more serious.

Read more

Cara SANGAT BIJAK untuk install BAHAGIA dalam relationship 👉 Buat pekara yang tak pernah kalian buat sebelum ini. 👉 Tidak marah melulu, membincangkan dengan senyuman. 👉 Belajar suka pekara yang pasangan suka. 👉 Tidak push untuk perubahan yang cepat 👉 Buat 1 pekara yang kalian berdua suka SELALU 👉 Mulalah observe tindakan pasangan Silakan Copy Paste ilmu ini kepada kawan,saudara mara & rakan kerja. Nak tips lagi boleh terus ke sini okeh : https://t.me/NotaGirlBoss Atau beli e-book belajar memahami tentang karakter pasangan kita https://thephotolicious.onpay.my/order/form/EBOOKk/645

Read more

not saying goodbye is not strange. but most mothers want their husbands to understand their situation after childbirth. to husbands, why do you think you need to be ready before your wife gives birth? this is because naturally your wife will change, not intentionally but willingly. so don't feel neglected because their sacrifice to give birth to your children will never be felt. Keep in mind, husbands are the ones who have to take care of their wives, as most wives fail to be mothers when they are under stress. This condition is not long, at least six months compared to nine months pregnant.

Read more

i feel the best way to communicate to your partner about your feelings is by talking it out. talk to her, tell her that you miss the love she showered on you and that you understand how busy and tired she is. ask her how you can help ease her stress and offer to help. tell her that even the smallest gestures, such as saying goodbye when you leave for work, can brighten up your day. tell her you look forward to see her smile at you, and that you will try and make time out for her and help her relax. give her a big hug and kiss and tell her you love her.

Read more

I think your wife is also trying to adjust to the new life in the house. It is pretty overwhelming for a woman after giving birth. Sometimes she might not even aware of her neglecting you. Thus, you can try talk to your wife about your feelings and sit down together to find out what are the areas to be improved. Instead of waiting for her to say goodbye to you, why not you take the initiative to say goodbye and kiss her before you leaving for work? It is better to take proactive steps instead of blaming other.

Read more
VIP Member

Have a slow talk to her! Conservation solves most of the things :) I'm sure she'll understand. I'm a wife, myself... sometimes we're mothers are very obsessed with our kids especially when it's a newborn. We have the natural bond with it. I'm not really sure how to describe the feelings but all mothers feels that towards their baby. Have a conversation with her, take her out on a dinner and things like that. Don't worry, everything will be ok.

Read more

Hi I am a mother of a new born baby so I can understand what your wife's first responsebility is. you should also try to understand her because she has a little one along you. why you feel neglected you should also be a part of her responsibility and try to help her in doing little things related to your baby so you will be busy and please don't be selfish this is your child enjoy your baby's childhood. Try to bond with your child

Read more

A newborn can easily disrupt the status quo in a household in ways that are not obvious to each other as you focus time and energy on ensuring your LO is OK all the time. It's easy sometimes to lose the wood from the trees, which means occasionally if one of you are feeling weird it's time to regroup with each other and take a moment and chat about what's on each other's minds. Possibly over quiet time and candles :)

Read more

I am also guilty of ignoring my ex husband when my son was a few weeks old. I couldn't help it, I was constantly worred about him whether he's sleeping, whether he's breathing (lol), whether he's drinking enough, why is he crying, etc. I had wished though that my ex husband would have been more proactive and hands on with my child. Perhaps we could have bonded better as a family then.

Read more

Dont feel bad She ll be fine Let her do her things She will understand with the time She keep baby months inside her Some ladies are like this She will be fine And please dont fight with you lady She already did alot for you Changed her name Get out of shape Even that baby is also got ur name with babys name So dont judge her Give her extra care and time To understand 🙂

Read more