How would you all feel if your husband tells you that his female cousin is equally as important as you are to him? I find that she has been texting him very often. On the surface it seems like she is asking opinion. But I think it is too much. They have so many cousin why she keep coming to my husband? So we quarrel today and I ask my husband if she is equally important than me as your wife. He actually say YES!!! I feel like divorcing this heartless man who never treasure me at all after so many years of marriage.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think a lot of modern woman does not understand man prospective. To a righteous man, an extended family is equally as important as family. This has been deep rooted in man belief since ancient times where extended family banner man are called to arms in time of war. That is why there are so many inter family marriage. Modern woman seems to think that once a man married them, they own the man. Sadly this is a reality of current liberal age. In fact is the opposite in the past, a woman married into a family, she essentially have to side with the said family. That is why in the bible the woman have to be submissive. Colossians 3:18- Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Now the above is not an excuse or justification for what he said, I'm merely explaining his mentality. There is no right or wrong but to call for divorce over small issue like this, speak badly too.

Read more

For how long have you been married? Pls do not make any hasty decisions when you are angry. Try to understand his view point also. We all are more close to some friends/cousins than others. May be he would have been irritated and said YESSS to win an argument. Texting a cousin often should never end up as a reason for divorce. Marriage is much more than that. A great marriage doesnt happen because of the love or attraction you had in the beginning but how well you continue building love until the end.

Read more

Calm down mummy. Totally understand what you are going through, but look at it from your husbands point of view. He’s probably very close to this cousin of his (maybe she’s like his Sister) and he knows her Long before you came into his life. The more you argue about the issue of messaging, the more complicated it’s going to get.

Read more

Hi mummy, I think you should take some time to cool down and think this through rationally. Maybe there are different view points so please dont do anything rash when upset! Maybe you could take some time to speak to him calmly and explain that it makes you uncomfortable and see what he has to say.