12 Replies

1) No you must drink Dom Benedictine neat. Last time I always drink Dom during my confinement (although i already rebut to say bf mommies ideally should not and must not take alcohol directly. 2) "No you cannot wash your hair for 1 month, are you listening to me? Last time during my time, I never wash my hair during confinement." MIL, last time police wore shorts...

Oh my God you're going to laugh at this one (ok, two!): 1. When baby has jaundice, don't wear yellow and don't use yellow towel/handkerchiefs because the yellow will spread to them 2. There was a lady who had depression and she breastfed her baby. Her depression caused her milk to have bad hormones and caused her baby to die. So if you breastfeed, you are not allowed to cry.

I've heard an MCP uncle say this to my best friend after she gave birth and found it painful to sit because of the epidural: "Women are made for childbirth. It shouldn't hurt so much. Don't be so dramatic." I swear I wanted to sock him in the face then and there haha. Someone should stick a giant needle in him and see if that hurts.

Myth: Do not read or cry Childbirth is thought to weaken the liver, which is linked to the eyes. Therefore, one should avoid putting stress on the eyes by reading or crying. Otherwise, one might experience eye problems later in life. HAHA!

no fan no aircon no ppening of windows.. No wind. Basically wrap up yourself and sweat like a pig.. No shorts no tees... Just long sleeves and pants to cover everything.. But this is Singapore

Some examples I have heard are breastmilk has no nutrition, do not look at the baby while they are sleeping else next time they will be sticky to you, do not cry during confinement else eyes will blind.

VIP Member

Do not go out until your baby is 40 days old. I understand if the baby couldnt go out for immunity reason. But the mom? Even i cant go to nearest minimarket to buy an ice cream?! Pffft......

VIP Member

1) Don't walk around too much, or your uterus will drop, vagina will become super loose and your husband will ditch you 2) Don't wash your hair or you'll suffer from headaches

VIP Member

1. Cannot drink coffee, later the baby skin will be dark color. 2. Bathe your baby in Guinness Stout so she has smooth skin 3. Praise your baby and the opposite will happen

My aunties were scolding me about not wearing slippers in the house during confinement cause 'wind' could go into your body.

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles