Sex trouble with hubby

I've not have sex with my hubby since we found out I was pregnant in early 2016. Baby was born prematurely and is stable now. Recently I told hubby I hope to have another baby in a few years time. He said he doesn't want to because he is afraid I will have another premature delivery. Last night, I tried to initiate sex but his body language tells me he is not keen. I feel so upset. What should I do? It has been so long and I want to get intimate again.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

The way a woman and a man's mind work are different - we usually think about "biological things" like how time may be running out for us to get pregnant, how our kids may not have a play mate, how there would be a big age gap, how we have to keep up with ovulation etc. There may be other things we think about too, but these are usually our driving factors! For men, they run more on "situational factors" - whether there's enough finances to support two children, whether you have enough time as a couple, whether you have the time/energy to have another child, whether the house/car can accommodate another, whether the firstborn is ready for a sibling etc. Sometimes, this creates the gap between couples about decisions they make as parents, or even just as a married couple. There are couples who decided to go with the flow too, but if not managed well, you end up with a stay-at-home parent and a sole breadwinner parent who both don't understand each other's hard work for the family, or two working parents with no couple/family time trying to earn enough to cover monthly expenses and children's education. In addition to that, some husbands care a lot more than they show - some experience it once and get scarred by what their wife/family goes through during pregnancy (esp one with complications) or childbirth (usually those who witness a C-section/vaginal birth or a long labour where his wife suffered a lot). They're a lot more careful after having a child, so it would take them for them to be prepared mentally, physically and financially! I'd say to try and talk things out in a casual way, and find out why he doesn't want to be intimate so you can understand what (if anything) you can do to improve things :)

Read more