Is it true that it takes time for your body to go back to pre pregnancy shape? I am 5kg away from my pre pregnancy weight but my hips are still very wide. I used to Hv hourglass body figure and look good in any attires. Now I can't even look myself in the mirror. Wanted to revamp my wardrobe but when I went shopping, I don't look good in all attires and ended up empty handed.

14 Replies
Write a reply

Breastfeeding your baby will help your body go back to its pre-pregnancy form in 6 to 8 weeks. Breastfeeding burns 500 calories a day, which is equivalent to 1 hour of strenuous running or swimming. When you breastfeed, the hormone oxytocin is released which helps in shrinking uterus back to original size.

Read more

usually it depends i heard from others if we always breastfeed our baby our body will easily lose weight only we must be patience also..Another is avoid ice water..

Don't fret too much. Nutrition is the most important to be healthy. If you are breastfeeding, it will definitely help cos it will help ypu burn calories faster. I lost even more than my pre pregnancy weight. Try it.

Read more

You're not alone, Mommy! I am 6 months post partum and I am far from my pre-pregnancy weight. My pre-pregnancy weight is 100 lbs and now I am 112 lbs! Since I am not breastfeeding anymore, I just started to go on a diet last week. 1 rice a day, more veggies, at night I only eat oatmeal, then I bought a corset which I wear almost 24 hours a day. Let's see how this goes after a month. Try it too! :)

Read more

i use slimming products to lessen my inch, it's breastfeeding friendly, see results instantly and best is its money friendly!

1y ago

Can you share that slimming product that is breastfeeding friendly?thankyou.

I'm understand how you feel. The more you stress, the more you unable to lost weight. I take 3 years to loss weight but still not back to pre pregnancy weight. Try to cut down carbohydrates and take varieties of fruits and vegetables. Regular exercise, stay positive and healthy because your baby still need your attention and care!!! Jiayou!!!

Read more

i took 3 months from 64kg to 45kg. never exercise. never diet. i think is the lack of sleep of taking care my twins & fully breastfeed them. all fats converted to milk

yes, cut down on sugar intake, change to brown rice and excise or yoga.

I took 12 months before I could stand looking at myself in the mirror again. Now at 18 months I look at myself and think "damn I look good" ok just kidding with that but I'm finally closer to what I was before. It does take time. I find, however, that my hips have expanded. Not sure if it changed so the baby could exit the birth canal.

Read more