Will mom pouch ever go away

Will this “mom pouch” ever go away? I went thru c sect and i have yet to start my post natal massage and am almost 3 weeks PP. i really hate looking at this saggy stomach will it ever go away. Will i ever get my pre pregnancy body back. 😔 I am skinny and petite pre pregnancy.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

it will take some time! my mom is petite too, had 3 kids, gave birth to youngest kid at 32 years old. and in her early 30s she had a nice tummy, flat and smooth, even until now at 55 years old! my mom didnt exercise much, she just made sure to keep healthy by eating nutritious food (she still eats mcdonalds and KFC, so no need to particularly starve or restrict yourself for that ideal body shape ok 🥹) dont worry too much, or rush yourself into it. most importantly take care of yourself for now. Your body went through a traumatic event to give birth to your baby, it is normal that the body will take time to heal. allow yourself to accept that your body is going through a beautiful healing stage, regardless of the sagging or scars 🫶🏻🫶🏻🫶🏻

Read more

it will take years for the pouch to completely go away. you need the get clearance frm dr to start exercising. when able to, youtube exercises for diastatis recti. this helps to strengthen ur core before you do any exercises. regular applying of lotion. the key is to improve ur core inside and improve skin elasticity. then you will start seeing results slowly. i did my exercise 2 months aft csect. during my confinement, i made sure i wore stomach binding and breastfeed. helps to shrink the uterus. n no cold drinks. u can start postnatal massage but avoid stomach. hope this helps. c sect mummy of 2 with 1 more otw. also a certified postnatal massage therapist.

Read more

Yes, give your body more time to shrink back. Your body took at least 8 months to expand. Focus on eating well and resting well. Go for your PP massage when it’s time (I’m not sure when is the appropriate time for Csect). You can even go for exercise when your wound is healed. I took 8 months to get back my prepreg body I won’t say it will “go away entirely” since I don’t exercise but it only appears when I sit down so it’s considered normal I guess. I was 42kg prepreg and 61kg at birth for ref.

Read more

Hi, I’m same as you. I’m skinny and petite at the weight of 38kg plus pre pregnancy. But now with my second sons my weight went up to 52kg plus. And my pouch never ever go away, it seems like I’m still 5 months pregnant.

My mom pouch kind of went away after 6 weeks. Post natal massage really helped mine! I was also skinny and petite but I’ve yet to go back to pre pregnancy weight.. but I’m glad that I’m almost there.

Why so harsh to yourself? Take time to rest and heal. Your body just did an amazing thing giving birth! You’re amazing for doing that!