Did you get "fashion identity crisis" after giving birth? With changes in my body and wardrobe pieces that are more functional (for breastfeeding) than pretty, I feel like I've lost "my style". Sometimes I look in the mirror and I'm not sure if my outfit goes together.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are still working on getting your pre-baby body back, why not bring emphasis to your face and hair by trying new make-up techniques and hairstyles. I personally spend more time on make-up and hair than I do on clothes. The body will take time to regain its former glory but there are so many ways to "hide" the weight in your face. If you think your face has lost its glow, you can try make-up techniques like strobing, contouring or baking. These are all the rage in the make-up community. YouTube has alot of make-up tutorials for mommies, such as: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZzspofbTTw As for clothes, my friends actually take advantage of their new found curves brought upon by pregnancy. One of them relishes her "new boobs" and wears shirts that are fitted in the chest area and slightly loose in the tummy areas. Empire-cut dresses and tops are very flattering for new mommies.

Read more
VIP Member

Well i do, I am 11mpp still fully breastfeeding via direct latching. My staples have been uniqlo camisoles and bottoms. Flats and slippers. Haven't been able to venture out into heels or high platform wedges. I make it a point to still look good and feel good despite not being able to wear pretty and fancy clothes. Rather then focusing on the clothes you wear, add on accessories to spice up the entire outfit. Chunky Watches, headbands or even a pair of sunnies have to spice up the whole outfit! Usually i will try to follow a 'look',my staple look will be sporty. Sneakers with shorts and uniqlo camisole. Since i am always babywearing, i use a haversack too. Sport look gives a different an energetic vibe. http://www.zalora.sg/ML574-Classic-Sneakers-348916.html Tip, go for bright colored sneakers!

Read more
Post reply image

thanks