Insecure about body

This is my first pregnancy, expecting a boy and currently 23 weeks coming to 6 months. Im petite, like a poly student 😅 but my baby bump is starting to grow big and im insecure about it. I look like a whale whenever i wear dress or skirt 😣 im insecure about my body. Altho i love that my bump is finally showing but at the same time Im scared that my bump will grow very big by 9 months and itll be hard to shrink it back to pre pregnancy body once baby is out😣 #FTM

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Can understand your concern. Used to be quite proud of slim and fit figure, with tiny tummy but then pregnancy requires us to gain weight for the baby and you lose that figure and tiny belly very quickly and it's very demoralising. I'm also on the petite side and only 22 weeks now but my belly is already so big and tight that I have no more belly button. 😭 But for me, I'm lucky to have a very supporting husband who still keeps complimenting me about my body despite my ballooning size and even helps me research on post pregnancy recovery in the background. Seems like there's post natal massages and wraps which can help you quickly reduce belly wind and shrink your belly right after birth, and there are also oils which help you to reduce stretch marks during pregnancy. Nowadays also have those tummy shrinking therapies for post birth which looks like it costs a bomb but can prolly consider if you have the finances. Can research to see if these helps you. But I think the most important is to talk to your significant other, your besties or parents etc. Feel that it's difficult to go through pregnancy without a lot of psychological support, and having someone to talk to helps alot in the difficult journey. 🙂

Read more

I am petite standing at 153cm and I have huge bump. I do walk like penguin too (can't deny 😅) But I embrace the pregnancy bump and flaws. I do still have mummy pouch abit even despite having two kids, wearing my PP belt and trynna look slim. In order to be back to pre pregnancy weight/body, all I can say we have to be strict with our pregnancy aftercare, food intake, exercise and constantly wearing girdle or PP belt to make sure your mummy pouch can't be seen. Though, 90% of mummies have mummy pouch due to DR which is because of us carrying our baby hence ur skin and muscle stretch.

Read more
10mo ago

Dont say like that lah, I still can't get rid of my mummy pouch now that I have two kids 🤣 On and off wearing my waist trainer too. Sigh 🤧🤣