Losing fat during TTC

I gained 7kg from my recent lost-pregnancy and couldn't get back to my previous weight. Did not do much exercise as I was recovering my body and after 6 mths, now I'm ttc. Recently I felt lost in confidence when I'm not longer can fit in my old clothes and have to up in size when I buy new clothings. Even my colleagues and parents are telling me I look fatter than I'm used to be. I also have no confidence when showing my body to my husband when we are trying for baby, thou my husband keep telling me I'm not fat. It's just me that I can't get through it. I'm thinking is it safe to do some mild squats and tummy exercise to at least keep fit and hopefully I can shed some fats away during TTC.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm not sure about squats and tummy exercise and would probably want to consult a gynae on these before proceeding. But I feel walking might be a safe, less strenuous option that you can consider for a start! I also didn't have confidence when we were TTC cos of the weight gained during circuit breaker (haha) so I insisted on switching off all the lights when doing it, hahaha! It helped! With regards to your colleagues' and parents' remarks, sigh... If only people can be less unkind. They don't know what others may be going through, and don't realize how their words can hurt/affect others. 😖

Read more

Do not be stress about your body. Stress is not good because you are TTC. Eat healthy .. below article may help you for healthy eating https://sg.theasianparent.com/15-most-effective-fertility-boosting-foods-for-women