MIL issue

I'm sahm and raise my daughter alone (my parents live oversea). Mil will come by once or twice a week to visit. On the weekend I want it to be our family time but she always want to go to where ever we go. I didn't really like that because she will do thing I don't like. If I tell her , dont let my daughter watch tv (1.5 years old), she will say never mind la. If I tell her, dont give her snack because its soon time for lunch, she will secretly give and my daughter is difficult eater. So now problem is husband and I had very big arguement about her tagging along with us. We visit his parents every weekend for a meal. But that seem not enough. Today we had a big fight over this issue and he said "I should ask you if you like my mother first before we marry!". It broke my heart hearing that. What should I do?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

he probably is in a lot of stress (torn between the 2 women in his life) and said it out of anger. try to have a heart to heart talk when he's calmed down. it's important to have a open communication.