ok to install window grill when pregnant?

I'm currently 27 weeks pregnant and had arranged for contractor to install the window grill before the baby comes out. Was advised against it by my mum and in law. Anybody had same experience?

25 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

If you are worried about the dust, don't stay in the same room or stay out while they install the grilles. Don't need to believe in superstitions. Anyway as a new mum you will be too busy with the baby to install it after birth. Imagine having to bring the baby out during grille installation, do thorough cleaning ensuring he/she don't accidentally touch & ingest the dust, and then also having to care for him/her.. don't forget you also have to BF/pump on a schedule.. It's just easier to settle before the baby is here

Read more
VIP Member

Best to not be there for any installation especially with drilling. Although it's some stupid myth but it's always better to play safe as pregnancy is always unpredictable. During installation of my water filter which require drilling, I went downstairs to have a short stroll with my dog. All it takes is just awhile. Just play safe

Read more

I didn't do house reno but got a new bed and stuff came to the house during 25 weeks. I was still in the house but in another room to avoid being involved (for security), my husband supervised the staff in that room. If your mind is good and at peace then all is good. Just surrender. :)

TapFluencer

Don't be around. Something you have to believe. When I'm 25 weeks pregnant I also did renovation and when the person drill and hack thing suddenly my tummy super pain the moment I wake out I am OK. From then on I would say if its for you and baby good just listen

My current new house was under some reno work past few months and i was not there.If needed to do some works,just make sure you are not there to see or be there.Get out of the house till they are done.

Super Mum

It's a myth/superstition. My mom advised me not to, too. But ia went ahead to install when i was in the beginning of 2nd trimester. My baby is 6mo now - healthy, active and happy

Yes, we’re planning to install invisible grilles but only when the baby is born. No hurry anyways as baby will only learn to crawl after a few months, so can do it after confinement

VIP Member

If it’s because of superstitions, just ignore and proceed with it. Just keep distance during the installation coz of the dust.

TapFluencer

I was not around when installing window grill and reno, but putting the solar film i was there to supervise only.

VIP Member

Then install the grill after baby out. To avoid nagging and subsequent guilt if any thing were to happen.