Would you travel when pregnant during covid?

I was really looking forward to traveling in my second trimester as it’s probably the last time to do so before the baby comes and change my life! However gynae advised against it given risks of covid and husband is not supportive either. I’m fully vax and think that risks are low. Would you travel??

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Just came back from USA for my sister’s wedding. Did 18hrs flights while 13w pregnant. I consulted with my doctor before planning the trip and she never expressed any concern especially knowing that I’m fully vaxx & boosted, have low risk pregnancy and just basically passed the 1st trim. During my trip i tried to avoid eating indoors at restaurants and I always followed the health protocols. So far all covid tests came back negative. I would travel only if you get an approval from ur doctor (important for your peace of mind) and it also might be best to get your booster shot first

Read more

It depends on where you are going, how long, the Covid risk there, and what your work is. I'm not worried about getting Covid when I'm vaccinated, but more of the disruptions to my gynae consultations and work if I test positive while being later stage pregnant - what if they insist on throwing me into KKH for 2mths for observation? Personally I won't risk it, and had been doing staycays instead.

Read more

i am travelling in a couple weeks times, its gonna be 15 hours in total. As long as you wear your mask and wash your hands i think it will be alright .. however, if you are not comfortable and worry to travel best not to .. :)

no, I wouldn't 😊 just a personal preference, I rather stay safe in SG.. esp when overseas restrictions/requirements may differ greatly depending on their current covid numbers.

Im supposed to be traveling for the same reason , i feel like as long as you social distance & wear a mask you’ll be ok

Nope I wouldn’t. Will go after give birth to baby

Nope. You never know what variant is out there