Constipation solutions

i’m currently at 24 weeks preg and seem to be constipated more than before. today is my third day despite me taking dragonfruit and also the syrup given by my GP. any other ways you mummies are using to help clear the bowel? thank you..

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Prune juice as been the most effective for me. Do monitor and adjust how much to drink a day though. It’s so effective that if you drink too much, you might end up with loose stools. I started off with 2 cups a day when I constipated for days. But now I only take half a cup a day and it helps to regulate.

Read more

my doc recommended eating papaya or drinking prune juice. I'm not a fan of either though! so am currently trying Fybogel (can be found in Watsons/Guardian/Shopee) which was recommended by my sister who had constipation during her pregnancy. seems to work so far for me too!

Pregnant woman I hear from my UK friend is to take 5 serving of fruit & veg everyday! In reality I take about - 2 fruits 1 veg, and am thankfully still ok this time. I used to have constipation pre pregnancy when I don’t have this healthy habit.

prune juice works .. i drink 1 cup. I was constipated too. My 1st trimester was worse but prune juice and bananas worked for me. Also, try drinkin pure coconut juice( not too cold) at times but not everyday. Half a cup will do cos it's cooling

I used to have that issue. But the timing you take the fruits and Yakult makes a lot of difference. Try taking fruits the first thing before your Breakfast it helps. Yakult too can have it after your fruits then can eat breakfast.

You can take prunes. Also, apple first thing in the morning. Observe and include more fibre rich diet if you were not taking it before. Usually whole grains like items made of wheat or quinoa in lunch or dinner helps.

whenever i feel constipation, i take lots of lemon honey water, yogurt and milk! cuz i became lactose intolerance after preg, milk really worked for me!

same here. dont stress over it, just make it worse. you can take yogurt or prune juice to ease the movement. try drinking more water and eat more vege

Hi😊 im 23 weeks pregnancy, lately difficult to sleep in night and back pain 🥲 think buy pregnancy pil low🧐 any recomend?

I do water anema (about 300-400cc per day) with abit of apple cider vinegar as well... it gives relief instantly and is safe...