Bowel movement

Approaching the end of pregnancy, and suddenly my bowel movement increases to more than the usual once a day. Its like my food gets digested at lightning speed. Do any of you face the same thing?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The first thing we must understand about bowel movements is that it is different from person to person. In most cases, frequent bowel movement during pregnancy second trimester to the end of your pregnancy should be monitored carefully. During the first trimester, the risk is minimal. After the first trimester, the diarrhoea and frequent stools are common but will dissipate within a couple of days or a week at most, if this doesn’t happen, visit a doctor immediately. Frequent bowel movements during pregnancy can strain an already exhausted body, during this time, the stools will drain essential minerals from your body and dehydrate you, it is important that you hydrate and consume mineral infused water frequently during this period. For more information about frequent bowel movements during your pregnancy, please consult your doctor.

Read more

Yes it’s quite normal... I experienced it too 😊 I read that it could be a sign that baby is coming out soon. Don’t be alarmed though... sometimes it’s just the body’s way of preparing for labour . Remember to drink lots of water. Take care mummy!

It's quite normal and caused by the hormone relaxin.