I'm so annoyed with my MIL! I just gave birth and it's now non stop visitors to my home! To the extent that I have to schedule 2 hours a day! My MIL insists that they must come to the home. Great but she doesn't do much to help me! She just tells them to Comr over to see baby n then I have to prepare etc. I'm very tired n need to rest! It's been only 4 days but if this continues, I'll be tired, losing hair n prob not going back to my recovery stage very soon. My MIL told me that I'm weak and need so much help. I'm so tired of her! How do I stop visitors!!!

21 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Perhaps you can have your husband talk to his mother? He is in a better position to tell (or telll off) his mother for allowing all this hectic visitors even though you have just given birth. Also, perhaps you and your husband can tell your MIL that all the visitors coming in and out may not be good for baby's health. Since baby is sooo young, baby's immune system is not strong enough and all that people activity might cause baby to fall sick. You can also suggest a party of sorts for family members and friends after a few months -- for now, tell her you and baby (especially baby) need all the rest you can get.

Read more

It happened to me too but its not my MIL but its my mum 😅 since the day i deliver, she has been asking people to come over to visit and sadly all those people are strangers to me. For recovery wise, it took me 2 months to fully recover as i have not enough rest during my confinement too. Due to the non stop strangers coming over and there wasnt any help from her. My husband have to come back to work (yep, sad but truth) during his leave and i have to cook my own confinement food. I guess she got excited with the first grandchild that she forgot i needed some rest and more help 😕

Read more

This is your life. MIL or even our own mothers should draw boundaries and learn to respect our privacy. If you can't soften her, get your husband to deal with it and take this matter seriously. Use the covid19 situation to your advantage. Limit to 10 visitors per day, make sure they wash their hands and stand 1m away from you and baby. If you want to add drama, cough in front of your visitor's drink. They will get the message and leave instantly.

Read more

I guess your mil is excited over the newborn and got everyone activated the min baby and you are home. My pil are the same. Streams of visitors came over and I had no rest till they left. I stayed in the room with bb most of the time coz I told my hub that we are not exhibits and they can go after visiting. I have no obligations to sit through their visitations. I am firm and my pil are aware so they dont order me ard.

Read more

U shd talk to ur hub. Confinement is for u to rest and not entertain visitors daily. U need rest to recup back your health. U are weak for sure as u just delivered and need sometime to adjust ur schedule accordingly to ur baby. Just ignored her comments.

Talk to your husband. There's no need to expose your child to so many people, especially now with COVID-19 virus. It's physically tiring and emotionally tiring to see baby sick (esp when newborn)

TapFluencer

Just tell your mil that you need to rest stop asking visitor to come especially you're in confinment and with this covid 19 thing going on. Baby is very young need to get used to environment too.

hey dear, sorry to hear that. But have you tried talking to you about it? If not she won't know the situation that it's tiring you out and that you need the full rest.

VIP Member

Please have a good talk with your MIL , if you keep quiet she might think you're fine with it. Or ask your husband to talk to her take care!

VIP Member

perhaps you tell your husband to tell her that you all will bring the baby to their house on weekend, so no need to come everyday