No Sign Of Labor

Its my 3rd, and I'm at 39+4 days weeks. And no sign of labour yet. Will be giving birth at kkh with random doctors. I'm asking for a advice from them whether when should i head down to hospital. But i don't get get any response from them. Is any of you head down to kkh hospital when due date? And will they induce? Tia

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Monitor your baby kicks, any sign of mucous plug and/or leaking (water bag may have been rupture). If you feel uncomfortable or even a slight pain, go to the hospital straight away. You are already at full term. If this is your first pregnancy, chances that you may exceed 40w. When is your upcoming doc appt? Ask your doc to check your dilation. FYI: some mommies may only give birth after wk40. However, one may only hold until max 40w + 2w. In sg, the moment u exceeded 40w, most doc will advised to induce. Cause not too good for baby to stay inside for too long. I gave birth to my #1 at 40w + 5 days and my #2 at exactly 40w. Both I induced birth as my water bag did not ruptured. Good luck and have a safe & smooth delivery!

Read more
4y ago

It is the waiting game now. Do take dare of yourself and mask up!!!

since your last appt, doctor didnt say anything, means you're not at the high risk zone. just continue to monitor and can try to induce naturally at home, like what Cherlyn suggested . my last app at 39+5, doctor checked and did membrane sweep. and was told to go induced at 40 weeks exact bc baby was big for my size. still zero dilation during admission. hence continue monitoring while waiting for your next appt. they will advise you whats next. however within that waiting period, if your water bag broke, pls do go straight to kkh within 24hrs. do download contractions app to keep track your intervals. jiayou mummy. take care ♥️

Read more
Super Mum

The due date is the Estimated Date of Delivery (EDD). So not everyone delivers by then:) There’s no need to go down unless you’re in labour. Just continue going for your next scheduled appointment. They will advise you on whether you need to be induced (usually by 41+ weeks). In the meantime, do squats, walk a alot, do housework.. hopefully baby wants to come out soon ☺️

Read more
VIP Member

They will not induce unless you request for it or when there's sign of dilation or you're going to pass 42 weeks pregnant. But you should ask your gynae of the pros and cons of inducing and late labour. I weighed my pros n cons and decided to induce when I was about 40weeks preg

Read more

My wife 39+5 and now we at labour ward waiting. 2days before she having discharge call up kkh was told to go down for a check but it's a false alarm yesterday she discharge the mucus plug and today discharge blood and cramp so again come kkh and was told C open 3cm .

4y ago

Im at 39+5 dqys today. No any sign of contraction or labour. Anyway congrats on your baby's arrival 😊

I was advised to head down a week past my due date if there are still no signs. Thankfully I had active labour around that week. I gave birth to 3 of my kids at 40w. My first was induced at 37w and it was traumatic!

VIP Member

I head down and they induced me at KKH

4y ago

Thank you. I'm at 39+5 days tofay kkh still no response if i should head down to induce.

I was induced at 40w in KKH.