39 weeks & not sure if it's signs of labour

first time mummy here, need some advice pls :) currently at my 39 wk 2 days. yesterday mucus plug went out, very thick brown discharge. had irregular contractions throughout the night & today. pelvic area starts to feel painful today. no other signs of labour thus far. have a weekly appointment on Monday at KKH. is it a sign to head down to hospital or should I just keep waiting till my appointment? 😐

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, While losing your mucous plug is one of the first sure signs of impending labour, early labour May take up to days or weeks. I would like to ask what would be a positive birth for you? The reason behind my question is that if you are seeking an intervention free natural vaginal birth, going into the hospital too early May get you impatient and hence you may ask for labour to be sped up. If you have had a healthy pregnancy this far and baby is still moving and active, nothing to worry about. Just hang on, trust your body and I’m sure labour will begin on its own soon enough.

Read more

I think you should contact your gynae immediately to seek for advice. he/she should have given you their personal number at this point. if you already see brown discharge, it could either be oxidized blood or a sign that your baby is already defecating in your womb. if it's the latter, it can be life-threatening for the baby as it can inhale its own excrement in the womb and result in lung infection. hurry down to the hospital and at least get checked on your condition and cervical dilation (if any).

Read more

yes it is ... wait for the contraction to get closer about every half n hour , 10-20 mins .monitor first pls so u won't have to stay at labour ward for a long time ..

Hi Mum, Better would be consult your gynae for this

VIP Member

I will call the labour ward for advice.

better call gynae and ask