can i miss last few checkup?

Hi im 37 weeks pregnant. Just had another check up at kkh subsidized and the doctor now ask me to come in weekly previously was every 2 weeks. I feel its really a waste of money to come for checkup since its any time now. Can i miss the appointment and just wait till im about to give birth. Im also financially not so stable...

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi there. Understand where you are coming from but please know that it is important to monitor you and your baby’s well being now. Congrats! You will soon be able to hold your baby any time now :) hang in there and just go for your weekly check up. I feel that the last few weeks of pregnancy are so crucial as gynae will check the water level, baby’s position, heartbeat etc and also yourself too! The little things which they check for you during routine check up before you get to see your gynae during each appointment such as your urine, bp are so important. Please don’t take it lightly esp in this last few weeks of your pregnancy. All the best to you mama-to-be!

Read more

I understand it can be tough especially living in Singapore for the middle or lower income families. We are neither here nor there financially. But try to make it for the check up for the safety and good of your baby and yourself. I think if you need help with the bills you can meetup with the medical social worker at KKH and see what kind of help they can offer you with. Last few weeks mummy you can do it ! My prayers for you and baby may God ease everything for you and family.

Read more

best to go for the last 3 weeks as they have to check your cervix, to see if any complications, etc. last few weeks, they usually do a last scan to check baby weight and also heartbeat. if baby to overweight, need immediate intervention like induced earlier or smth. so it's best for you to go to know hows the baby weekly.

Read more
VIP Member

best to go because now is the time where gynae will have vagina swabs and all that, that is why you have a weekly check up from now on. but if youre talking bout financial issue, then keep that on hold first maybe? talk to MSW for financial help.

Best to go to make sure that all’s well with the baby. But you could maybe check with the medical social worker if there is any financial assistance if you need help.

I didn't go for the last 3 weeks, same. Due to financial issue. Luckily my baby came out on her due date. Cos i was worried if she doesnt come out by then.

Well, I would nego with doc 2 weeks also because of financial issue. My cousin does that and so far she is blessed with 4 little healthy boys 😉

Like what you said. It's your last few check ups. Then just go lah. They are asking you to go weekly means it's recommended one what. 🤦🏻‍♀️

4y ago

Theres no need to be rude. We dont know what shes going through

VIP Member

Not recommended as the doctor still need to monitor the heartbeat and kicks movements as well to ensure baby is developing well.

Best not to miss. The last few weeks are critical, to check the fluid level, baby's position, etc