If u have an offer of different jobscopes with increase of 10-12% of ur current pay but need to travel overseas for work, would u take up the offer?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will not. If i'm married but no kids yet, i will choose to go. But not now as I have a child too. If i really want, I will choose to look for such jobs in e future, when child is older. Around 5yrs old. Anyway, i will not choose such jobs as I would not want my child to feel lonely and feels like mummy is not around when LO needs us. I wouldnt wanna come back singapore and see tat LO gets too close to my parents/in laws.

Read more

i will not take up the offer... because i put my family as top priority and family can't use money to measure... i know i will regret for not taking the increment pay but the feeling will get over soon... but if i sacrifice my family time for the 10-20% increment, the guilt will be with me forever...

Read more
VIP Member

It also depends how old my kids are. If my kids are around 4-5 years old, yes i will take up the offer. But if they are below 2years old i would reject them. But it also depend how often you would need to travel and how long each duration will be. For the sake of better living for my kids, i will do it.

Read more
7y ago

I see, If still latch on then it's not easy.i know how it feels to leave a latch on child alone

No i won't go. As seen by your replies to above, child is still 1yo. Still at the developing stage. I will stay behind to enjoy this process. Overseas job can come at a later stage

Read more
7y ago

Agree! But when it's fated to be yours, it will be yours! Your child growing process don't come twice too!

not me. it depends on what your priorities are. for me, no amount of money can buy back time loss. so you weigh and see what you can or cannot accept.

VIP Member

It depends on my current situation. If no choice i will actually take up the challenge