2 Replies

TapFluencer

Hi.. I hv one large fibroid that’s 9x8cm. At first my gynae also mentioned about removing during delivery via c sect but as the pregnancy goes, things will change. May I know how many weeks are u now? I’m at my 37weeks going for c sect in 10days time. Will not be able to remove during c sect as the fibroid didn’t really shrink and if remove together, they r afraid of massive bleeding which mayb be dangerous for me. Thus I was told to go back for another surgery either c sect or keyhole in 6 months time after breastfeeding. Btw, reason for c sect in the end is cos baby has no space to turn (breech currently) due to the fibroid and there’s 2 rounds of cord on his neck. If u’re able to do natural delivery, it will definitely be better as u can avoid any fibroid bleeding during c sect since no cutting of tummy is involved and after that, u can do keyhole surgery to remove fibroid which is easier to heal and not as painful. Anyway natural delivery will heal faster than c sect also. And depending, they might not be able to remove ALL fibroids during c sect. So it’s like, I rather do natural delivery and keyhole surgery later on, if I have the choice to choose. Ask ur gynae about keyhole surgery.

If can remove all one shot then it will be a better decision. The gynae should have the best answer to help u cos different people has different body condition also. Good luck!

VIP Member

If gynae has suggested that, then I would follow what the gynae suggest. He would know the best for you

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles