Chonky Baby - Vaginal Delivery or C Sect

I’m at 38 weeks. Went to check up recently and baby is weighing in at 3.7kg. Had scheduled a c section on 1st Feb as baby was breech before hitting 38 weeks. Now baby is in normal position. Doctor said able to do normal vaginal delivery, but there are risk upon delivery as birth canal might be too small for baby. If opt for vaginal delivery and things go south, might lead to having emergency c sect…. Should I go for the scheduled c-sect or try for vaginal delivery first? Don’t know which is best for me and baby :( #advicepls #firsttimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

What are your thoughts or choice of birth delivery method? I mean you may seek opinion from us, gynae but like you mentioned it could lead to another. If you wish to go for vaginal, you can. However, there might be tearing due to birth canal is small or leading to emergency c section if baby been there long. On the other hand, I do know of people that does vaginal birth despite a chonky baby. If you have doubt that it will not be successful through vaginal, then take the schedule C section.

Read more
1y ago

Perhaps you can watch videos or learning ways to ensure you be mentally prepared for the labour despite the decision and support from people around you. I mean either way no matter what choices we madr prior, what we plan for birth journey may not be smooth as we expect. Just decide what you think suits you and always have the last option if it doesnt go your way. End day baby/mummy is safe and healthy. And having said that, supporting roles from MIL, mum or spouse is important for after delivery.

Choose what you feel best for your body. Ive given birth to 2 of my babies weighing 3.7kg & 3.8kg via normal vaginal delivery. Both experiencing a small tear but i believe the post labour pain & recovery is nothing compared to csect as its more of a major ops.

1y ago

I did nothing for my 1st born coz i wasnt being informed of her weight during my checkups. And being a first time mum at that time, i didnt even know that i could actually ask for the est of baby weight. Lol. So it was a total surprise! 😅 But for my 2nd one, i did alot of walking and light stretching, yoga. You could also do some perineal massages weeks before labour to help prevent tearing.😊

C sec more recommended