C Sect OR Normal Delivery

I was told that I have 3 fibroids in my womb and all three were anterior with each measured approximately 2cm to 4cm. Thus, my gynae is suggesting that I should go for C Sect to delivery my baby and at the same time he would remove my fibroids. I'm not sure is this the best sounds decision, any one has faced the same issue? And what did u all choose?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hi.. I hv one large fibroid that’s 9x8cm. At first my gynae also mentioned about removing during delivery via c sect but as the pregnancy goes, things will change. May I know how many weeks are u now? I’m at my 37weeks going for c sect in 10days time. Will not be able to remove during c sect as the fibroid didn’t really shrink and if remove together, they r afraid of massive bleeding which mayb be dangerous for me. Thus I was told to go back for another surgery either c sect or keyhole in 6 months time after breastfeeding. Btw, reason for c sect in the end is cos baby has no space to turn (breech currently) due to the fibroid and there’s 2 rounds of cord on his neck. If u’re able to do natural delivery, it will definitely be better as u can avoid any fibroid bleeding during c sect since no cutting of tummy is involved and after that, u can do keyhole surgery to remove fibroid which is easier to heal and not as painful. Anyway natural delivery will heal faster than c sect also. And depending, they might not be able to remove ALL fibroids during c sect. So it’s like, I rather do natural delivery and keyhole surgery later on, if I have the choice to choose. Ask ur gynae about keyhole surgery.

Read more
4y ago

If can remove all one shot then it will be a better decision. The gynae should have the best answer to help u cos different people has different body condition also. Good luck!

VIP Member

If gynae has suggested that, then I would follow what the gynae suggest. He would know the best for you