I was in a relationship with a girl and after four years she says that she can't marry me against her parents wishes. My life has come to an end. What do I do?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey! I feel for you. I myself had a love marriage and it happened once that we kind of broke up and I know how it feels. I was completely heart-broken, and it seemed that my whole world has come to an end. I kept on moving with the daily chores and talking normally with my parents and relatives but I was broken. Firstly, I think you need to ask yourself that do you know your girl enough. Do you think she is just scared by the situation and let her have the hang of what is going on. Give her some time to analyse the situation and if you think that she is still not standing up for her love, then it is time to give up. I know it is going to be harsh but you have to move on. That is life, and sooner or later you got to accept it.

Read more

Hey, why has your life come to an end? I mean, I understand you loved her, looks like you still do. But wasn't she also in love with you and isn't she moving on? It is tough to not be with the one you love, I know. But what about those other people in your life who love you a lot as well? parents, siblings, grandparents maybe? I won't sugar talk with you here, the pain of not being with her will be excruciating, but the good part is, it will one day go away. And then, you will find someone who loves you as much and wants to spend the rest of her life with you. I guess you just need to wait and keep your heart open :)

Read more

It is a really sad that someone you love so much let's you down. It is very painful but why would you say your life has come to an end? Surely the girl didn't love you as much and as truly as you did her because after four years of a relationship she suddenly realised her parents wouldn't allow it!! what a lame excuse for breaking up. Move on now. The sooner the better.I'm sure there is someone better out there for you.Cheer up :)

Read more

Seriously...life is so cheap tht it ends with just a refusal. Pls find better things to do than pursuing those who have no value for u. The most important thing to remember is that u still have your parents, siblings and Almighty God to love u and value u. That's already having ur hands full.