3 children, too much?

I was admitted yesterday because of contractions and I am already 3 cm dilated. Everything was okay until a senior doctor came and his first question was, "This is your third baby, really?" and he started throwing in more questions. "Where do you stay?" "What type of house?" "How many rooms?" "What are you working as?" and the last thing was, "I want you to think what you're going to do with your life after you gave birth to this third baby, please consider taking contraception." I was on contraception and I still got pregnant, he suggested a stronger one now. Am I being too sensitive over this issues because the moment he left, I cried. Everything he asked, there is nothing to do with his work. Too personal, no? There's a lot of nurses and other doctors standing next to him and they were looking at me while I was expected to give specific answers. My husband and I live in a 2 rooms rental flat for now because next year, we planned on purchasing a resale house. We've been saving up a lot of money. We chose to moved out from our parent's house after marriage to be independent and we want privacy as well. We really do start from scratch. We're in our 20's. We thought that 3 children is okay? The rest of our family members have more than 3 children and we didn't judge them.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was pushed contraceptions methods while I was pregnant with my first. After I gave birth I was pushed with the options again, they literally kept bugging me n I just decided to get implanon but I bled everyday for a year straight then I went to get it removed because I wanted another child. Now that I'm pregnant with my second (1st is coming 20mo) I'm still being pushed contraceptions during EVERY SINGLE CHECKUP. I always reject. Zz. That aside I'm also constantly asked by the doctors what I plan to do with my life? What our plans are after baby comes? The plan is to raise our kids, what else? Why does it concern them? We want 3 kids too, is it wrong? I plan to get contraceptions after our 3rd, not any sooner 🙄 I always get so frustrated when they ask me, I understand that I am quite young but I'm NOT that young, I've also always made it clear that my pregnancies are planned so I really don't get why they're so pushy. I thought govt wants the birth rate to increase? Or has that changed lol

Read more