3 children, too much?

I was admitted yesterday because of contractions and I am already 3 cm dilated. Everything was okay until a senior doctor came and his first question was, "This is your third baby, really?" and he started throwing in more questions. "Where do you stay?" "What type of house?" "How many rooms?" "What are you working as?" and the last thing was, "I want you to think what you're going to do with your life after you gave birth to this third baby, please consider taking contraception." I was on contraception and I still got pregnant, he suggested a stronger one now. Am I being too sensitive over this issues because the moment he left, I cried. Everything he asked, there is nothing to do with his work. Too personal, no? There's a lot of nurses and other doctors standing next to him and they were looking at me while I was expected to give specific answers. My husband and I live in a 2 rooms rental flat for now because next year, we planned on purchasing a resale house. We've been saving up a lot of money. We chose to moved out from our parent's house after marriage to be independent and we want privacy as well. We really do start from scratch. We're in our 20's. We thought that 3 children is okay? The rest of our family members have more than 3 children and we didn't judge them.

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

* Another thing is, my husband and I already discussed regarding our future plans and family planning way before we came to the hospital and is staying in a rental flat really a shameful thing? We're saving up money and we're not staying in a rental flat forever. We just do things slower than others...

Read more
2y ago

I'm staying in a 2room flat too. it's not ashame. at least you get your children a house to stay and keep them safe. 🥰 have a smooth delivery💪🏻