Marriage

I am very sad and unhappy in my marriage. I know my Husband is unhappy too, if not there’s no reason why he would time and again hurt me. Not just emotionally. Used to be physically too. Until he hurt our child too and admitted to hospital due to head trauma. Ever since he stopped hitting me, fearing he lost control again and hurt our child. I cant communicate with him anymore. Can’t feel happy when we go out together. Can’t feel connected with him on every level. Really feels like we are on different page. All this loneliness is driving me nuts. But I found out I’m pregnant. To be honest, I don’t feel like keeping. I know it’s just going to be me who will be taking care of the baby. And I have a toddler and have to face his nonsense. I really don’t know if I can do this alone. I have depression. Really don’t know what’s the best for me. Give birth and divorce? Abort and divorce? Give birth and hope this will work? I really don’t know what to do. 2 person so unhappy together, got meaning?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I’ve been where you are at now. No point hanging on if your Husband is abusive. It can happen once it will happen again. Move over it is towards your child as well. Go to ComCare and get a PPO for you and your child. Then divorce him. Need a place to stay apply from HDB a rental place. I was rejected by HDB at first but I went to PAP to seek their help. And here I am with a rental house waiting for my BTO. In Singapore there is a lot of help available. If you need to put your elder one in childcare, You can also apply for further subsidies. Is your family supportive of you? If yes seek their help as well you will need it. Family will always have unconditional love towards you. It will be tough at first but it will get better. I believe you can do it and make your life better.

Read more