Hi , need to rant and need a listening ear.. I’m a SAHM with absolutely no help .. have two children ages 4 & 2. My hubby just told me that he has accepted a job task to go overseas for 1 week. Which means that I’m gg to be left alone to take care of housework and Children and sending n fetching of kids etc all by myself . I have no other help . I don’t know why but my heart is v unhappy why my hubby can just accept job task that require him to go overseas n leave me alone to take care of everything every day in his absence . I know some ppl may say it is only 1 week .. just be happy that my hubby can get a break overseas from Kids and all but I Jus cannot feel happy for him .. I feel why he never consult me first before accepting the overseas work task . He only informed me , “ second week of nov I’m gg on a work trip overseas .” I’m feeling really upset :( he always tell me since I’m a SAHM, I should handle everything at home since I didn’t bring income home. So maybe he don’t see the need to consult me or ask me if I can cope alone :(

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry I'm jz sharing. In Islam, housechores is husband's responsibilities. The wife doing the housechores, is an act of charity/emphaty. But to me it's love. So that we cn all rest together when husband comes back. But he will not neglect his duty. To help out. Pls take note parents: Raising a child is BOTH the parents' responsibility. Not only the mom or the husband alone if he is a househusband. Teamwork is key. Support system is key.

Read more

I'm not siding him but given that you are a housewife, one of the job scope is to manage the household. His job scope is to earn money and provide for the family. if you are upset with him not consulting you, maybe you can speak with him to set up a process to discuss the issue. If you feel you want an equal say, go back to work and put your children in child care. Can't have the cake and eat it.

Read more

He still need to discuss with you first okay!! How cn he happily go for a "worktrip" and not tell you first. Worktrip is kind of like a holiday lei. Of course i know it's WORK but hey, he'll be in a nice clothes, take plane, book hotel, while you are bz like s*** at home. And who is he meeting. My gawwd. Nxt time you cn also tell him you're gg on a holiday the next day.

Read more
VIP Member

Don’t worry , we women are much stronger than guys. You should be able to cope with it , time flies pass with these cute age which I know with the preparation of the kids meals but prob consider catering of food for urself and the 4 years old so u still can eat well and need not wash so much .

VIP Member

Hope he buys u a good present when he returns.