Rant

I Super hate my fil... my LO is having flu wanted to spray his nose and suck out his mucus. He keep insist to give my LO medicine. I told him medicine CANNOT eat too much.... he keep insist, really had enough... he keep saying keep sucking is bad for him later his brain will damage!! Wtfffff

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi mama, first, take a deep breath. It can be very difficult when parents offer unsolicited advice and impose their views. They mean well but sometimes the words just come out wrong and there is then a clash of beliefs. At the end of the day, you are the mother to your child and you do what’s best for him/her. Words will just be words. The more you let it affect you, the worse you’ll feel. Don’t let him hold the remote control to your moods. Both baby and you will be the better for it :)

Read more
Super Mum

How old is your LO? It’s best for your husband to be the one speaking to your FIL.. if your LO is old enough to safely take medicine, then maybe negotiate to give the medicine once but also say you’ll be spraying and sucking? (I find the nasal spray quite effective too!)

5y ago

My hub prefer spraying, he is 6 months old going 7 months. But he only has mild flu 🤦🏼‍♀️

Super Mum

Maybe he never heard of baby needing to suck out mucus? Possible to don’t do in front of him? My own father is similar also. Will always have argument due to different opinion. In the end, have to decide how important is it to win the argument.

Hey, It is best if you talk to your husband and make him discuss this with your father in-law about this

5y ago

Spoken to his dad, but useless as his dad is Super stubborn...

VIP Member

Bring lo in the room whenever u need to spray his nose then..

TapFluencer

Try asking ur husband to talk to ur fil. Hope it resolves

Super Mum

Cool down and let your husband tell him.