I am really stress

I am stress... my husband and my family don't get along. We are staying in my house with my parents. My mother likes to instruct my husband to do things her way. My husband used to living alone from young so he cannot get used to someone nagging. He himself have his own way of doing stuffs. My father likes to borrow his car and nv pump fuel when is low. Or when the car spoil he will just ask my husband is it your car nv service or this or that but nv help in repairand only questions him. The last time was asking me and my husband to buys stuffs for praying and we wake up late, my father was piss, he ignore us and giving us black face when we call him. After 2 times of ignore when being call, my husband stop calling him and just ignore back. They treat each other like stranger and it's like not happy with each other. My sister son who is 15 love to be with my husband and always go around him asking this and that. Last sat, our LO was sleeping, my sister son came in and talk to my husband kept on asking what game he play? Why this why that.. my husband ask him to lower his voice baby is waking up, but my sister son kept on going and suddenly the baby cried out very loud and it trigger my husband he scold my sister son and bang the room door. After that my sister son did not talk to him anymore. So is my sister, they even delete his fb from friend list. I am really stress and I understand why my husband reacted this way. But another side they are still my family. I think my husband is really piss off with them.

20 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I used to stay with my hubby's family too and my in-laws behave the same as your parents. My mil is very unreasonable, she is very rude but always think she is right just because she is elder. My fil never respect our privacy and will just open my personal letter and read it. I used to give in to them until they crossed the line. That's when my husband and I start to have issue with each other as he thought I am disrespectful to his parents and I think he does not support or stand in my shoes. Speaking from experience in your husband's shoes, moving out will be the best option. If not, one fine day it will be you and him fighting over all these small issue due to the all pressure built-up in him over the years.

Read more
7y ago

I didn't call my pils for half a year too. It really depends on what kind of characters is your parents. My pils are those people who cry wolf when they are at fault and go around making you a baddie to get other to "scold" you to make you bow to them. They did it to my Husband whenever they can't get their way. There is once my mil threatens to slap me just because she is unhappy my husband got no time to help her to find out something not really important at all. Hence, I did it to show them