I really hate my mother in law. She gets jealous easily. She made such a big fuss and cried when my hubby gave me a gift for wedding anniversary. My hubby is at his wits end. We bring my in laws out regularly and buy things for her occasionally too. How do I tell her to grow up?

41 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My husband bought a gift for me as I requested for it when he went overseas, he bought it. And gave it to me in front of his mother. Then, he took out the same one but different color and gave to his mother. I toss it in the cupboard right after that.

7y ago

I understand where you're coming from. Wives should feel special and at a different level than anyone else, including MIL

Promo terbesar expert care sudah dimulai, diskon hingga Rp.100.000 sedang berlangsung di shopee, ada juga voucher diskon 100% alias gratis bagi bunda yang beruntung. Buruan cek di https://shope.ee/9UfEMMqqTg (id-1340)

ahaha shes crazy!! .. whats up wiv that haha .well if i were kn ur positikn and knowjng my personality haha ill sarcastically show her more and make hr jealous.. u guys should move out ud monstr jn law isctoxixc

Few suggestions: 1. Don’t take criticisms personally. 2. Understand the common problems. 3. Be okay with not having in-law approval. 4. Remember that it's highly unlikely that she'll change

Read more

Do u hav children or intend to hav children? I feel that when ur mil has grandchildren frm u and ur husband, she will direct her attention to them. By then, ur husband will b sidelined 😂😂

Maybe he could take her out on one on one meals, as she could be afraid that he would 'forget' her since he's already married. Most women get insecure, but overreacting should be addressed.

Im a mother I know what she feels. Me too I dont know what to do if I saw myvson walking in an aisle for his wedding. Now he is 11yrs old so I can prepare myself more

VIP Member

She's old and needy. she see's her son love you more than he loves her. just give space, nothing you can change about her so i guess we just have to learn to deal!

That sounds a little bit nuts 🤪! You could either try reasoning with her, or just ignore her. Or maybe ask your husband to have a word first

VIP Member

it happened with my mother when my brother got married, she needs more attention not only from your husband but with other family members too.