How do I get rid of toxic helper?

Hi, I recently hired a maid, 44 yrs, previously worked 11 yrs in Taiwan caring for cancer elderly and 1 yr in SG. Based on her cv, she is perfect as she looked experienced. However, she cannot cook basic things, cannot understand English well and most of all, lack of basic common sense. Recently, she is spreading rumours that I gave her 1 meal a day and no money for her own good while I keep asking if she needs money or other stuffs. She keeps saying previous sg employer abused her. Now, she cried to everyone she met and yelling her soft stories. At first I believed her. But after knowing her character, I contacted back to agency. She pleaded not to tell her bad things to agency. It made me wonder if she did the same things to previous employer.. I'm currently 8 mth pregnant and I need help with housework but she is too incapable and she does what she wants. I gave her wifi password, nap times as she finished work at 9am and nothing to do till 6pm. No need to cook as she can't cook. I worry to let her take care of my baby but she cried to my mother in law and husband so they scolded me. But I am the one live with her for 24/7 and I know her character. How do I get rid of her??#pleasehelp

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

just send her back and get replacement? you can share with your mil and husband that she's not able to help you in the areas that you need help with, such as cooking. after all what good is a helper that can't help you? as for her behaviour, can't comment because you and your family will know better. whether she's not doing her job well or you just can't click with her, it's better to get a replacement because this is for your own happiness and peace of mind in the long term, especially since you are giving birth soon you'll need the extra help. hope it all works out well for you

Read more

Your husband or another member of the family should report her to the agency and seek a replacement. You are in a delicate condition so please be careful and minimize stressful situations- which unfortunately happens to be your maid. Better to start fresh since the maid is not doing her work and causing you more problems

Read more

Yes, talk to your husband and MIL about your helper. Tell them you prefer someone who can cook and does things for you because now you're pregnant, it's inconvenient. Sometimes ah, we must be a bit bad la. Secretly record the helper when she slacking

TapFluencer

🙏