I really don't like the gifts my mother-in-law gives me. They are mostly very different from my taste and I usually give them away to my maid or someone else. However, i also feel bad for her. How do I tell her that I don't want any more gifts from her?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lol! The question actually is my question too. You know, my MIL, too, gives me gifts which are beyond my imagination. I mean I sometimes fathom where does she find the shops that sell such kind of clothes. If I had offered those clothes to my maid, chances are even she would have refused to take them. I think the best way if you feel bad, is just take the gifts and keep them in a cupboard or a briefcase. Assuming that she intentionally doesn't get bad gifts, you should keep them as a blessing from the old lady. I, too, keep collecting the clothes my MIL gives in a briefcase, and once in a while wear them when she is around. Yes, for one day, I look my funniest best, but I think we can afford a few days in this lifetime to look funny as well. What say, can't we?

Read more